Your Support is Critical!
Helping your breastfeeding students be successful when returning to school will:
- Reduce absenteeism. Human milk protects infants’ health. Students will miss fewer days of school to take care of sick babies.
- Increase graduation rates. Fewer days of missed classes improves your students’ likelihood of graduating.
Take these steps:
- Establish a written policy.
- Identify a clean, private space for students to pump.
- Allow students flexile break time to pump.
- Consider what in many cases may actually the easiest for all- allow students to nurse infants in class.