Caring for Children and Mothers
Over half of all mothers with infants are employed outside of the home. Childcare centers are in a unique position to support breastfeeding mothers and help build a culture of safety and comfort for nursing parents and children. Breastfeeding Friendly childcare centers:
- Provide breast milk to infants of mothers who wish to breastfeed
- Train staff on how to store and heat breastmilk
- Welcome mothers who want to breastfeed their child on site during the day.
What can you do?
- I'm a breastfeeding mother with an infant in childcare - what can I do?
- I'm a childcare provider - what can I do?